hey, are you frustrated with duplicate contacts number on your iPhone,delete duplicate contacts on iPhone. so you are in the right place, here I am telling you the 5 best tips to delete duplicate contacts on your iPhone. iPhone users have often reported the creation of duplicate contacts while syncing their device with their iCloud account.
delete duplicate contacts on iPhone and here a easy tips to Delete Duplicate Contacts On IPhone.
Delete Duplicate Contacts Manually by iPhone:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone then tap on Contacts.
- Search and open any duplicate contact present in your contact list.
- Tap on the Edit button to make changes.
- Scroll down to the bottom to locate the Delete Contact option and tap on it to delete the duplicate contact.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully deleted a duplicate contact manually on your iPhone.delete duplicate contacts on iPhone.
delete duplicate contacts on iPhone
Alternatively, you can merge all the duplicate contacts into a single contact profile by tapping on the Link Contacts option and selecting all the desired duplicate contacts from the list.
Use iCloud Account to Delete Multiple Duplicate Contacts:
Another effective method to delete duplicate contacts from your iPhone is to use the online iCloud service. If you regularly sync your iPhone with your iCloud account, you can use it to select and delete multiple duplicate contacts at once. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and access the iCloud website.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple id credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your iCloud account, tap on the Contacts button to open all the synced iPhone contacts.
- On the next page, you can view the list of all the available contacts synced between your iPhone and iCloud.
- Press the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click on all the desired duplicate contacts to select them.
- Next, locate the Gear icon present at the bottom-left corner of the screen and click on the Delete option to instantly delete selected duplicate contacts at once.
- Tap on the Delete button to confirm changes.
- As soon as your iPhone syncs with your iCloud account again, these changes will reflect in the contact list of your iPhone.
Use Application to delete a contact:
- Open the Apple Appstore
- Search for the Contact Cleanup app to install it.
- Launch the app.
- Then, tap on the Import Contacts button to import all your device’s contacts.
- Provide the necessary contact access to the app by tapping on the OK button when prompted.
- You can also backup your existing contacts to restore them later by tapping on the Backup Now button.
- This app will automatically scan all your iPhone’s contact to identify and categorize them on the basis of several smart filters.
- To view the list of all your duplicate contacts, tap on the Duplicate Contacts option.
- Tap on your desired contact name to manage all the associated duplicate entries.
- To merge all the duplicate contacts into a single contact profile, tap on the Merge button.
- You can repeat this process as many times as you wish to handle all the duplicate contacts present on your iPhone.
so these are the top 3 tricks by which you can easily delete your duplicate contacts or merge them.