Back in 2017, OnePlus introduced a brand new characteristic in an OxygenOS Open Beta for the OnePlus 3/3T known as “Parallel Apps”. This characteristic allows you to clone choose purposes so you’ll be able to run a separate account on them, even when the app itself didn’t assist fast account switching. Supported apps embrace Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, and others. However, not each app is supported in parallel area. Fortunately, there’s a straightforward workaround.
What Parallel Apps does is create a brand new consumer profile with the ID “999”. OxygenOS integrates apps put in on this consumer profile onto the principle consumer profile and likewise hides this profile from the lockscreen so you’ll be able to’t signal into it. This hidden consumer profile has Google Play Services put in, however not the Google Play Store. Thankfully, it’s doable to sideload apps onto the consumer profile for Parallel Space. For the needs of getting no matter app we wish operating as a Parallel App, we’re going to put in the “Aurora Store” app, which is a completely open-source unofficial consumer of the Google Play Store. In case you surprise why we’re not preferring the precise Google Play Store to be put in underneath the Parallel App consumer profile, it’s because of a bug with the Play Store and Parallel Apps that received’t allow you to set up any apps which have already been put in on the principle profile for the reason that Play Store thinks these apps have already been put in on the Parallel Apps profile.
To set up the Aurora Store app to Parallel Apps and thus allow the flexibility to put in another app, merely do the next:
- Download the APK file for the Aurora Store from its XDA Thread.
- Set up ADB shell entry. You can discover a helpful information by clicking here.
- Run the next ADB command:
adb set up --user 999 <aurora_store_apk_name>.apk
- This will set up the Aurora Store to consumer profile 999, which is the profile for Parallel Apps. Now you’ll be able to merely open the Aurora Store and obtain no matter different apps you need.
- Alternatively, you’ll be able to obtain the APK file for no matter app you wish to be cloned and run the command in step #3.
Do you discover this characteristic helpful? Let us know within the feedback beneath!
Want extra posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your e mail to be subscribed to our publication.